[squid-users] URL Rewrite for https via Squidguard

Darren darren.j.breeze.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:07:30 UTC 2016

Hi

I am trying to hack squidguard to allow me to redirect users attempts to connect to blocked https enabled sites.

Some sites are allowed and the bulk are not. Currently I can see the Connect details being handed to SG for processing and if I change this to return a redirect to make it point to a different server it breaks and gives me an SSL error (as would be expected)

Is there a way I can get this redirection call to squidguard happened earlier in squid before it gets this far down the CONNECT process? Or is there something that I can return from Squidguard that would make this work? I notice that the connect attempts are always just the IP address, so something earlier in the processing is doing a reverse DNS lookup, is this the Browser of Squid and if so can I get in earlier during the process?

I want to maintain the various lists in just squidguard and not put in ACLs in squid.conf

thanks

Darren B.

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]