[squid-users] Questions about tcp_outgoing_address

VerĂ³nica Ovando vero.ovando at live.com
Sat Jan 9 03:54:05 UTC 2016

Hi!

I have a some specific questions about the directive
/tcp_outgoing_address/. I need to know if it could works for my deployment:

My Squid 34.8 runs over Debian Jessie. I have a multiwan environment
with dual internet connection.

There are some clients that visit web pages that only allow certain
public IPs to access them. Only one of my two public IPs is allowed to
access those services. I red some examples about /tcp_outgoing_address/
from de Squid docs and other resources and they are all like this one:

    acl abc src 10.0.0.0/24
    acl xyz 10.0.2.0/24
    tcp_outgoing_address 10.1.0.1 abc
    tcp_outgoing_address 10.1.0.2 xyz
    tcp_outgoing_address 10.1.0.3

I am not sure (this is the reason of my question) if I can use the
directive in this way:

    acl pages url_regex -i "/path/to/restricted_access_pages"
    tcp_outgoing_address my_gateway_ip abc

Also, in multiwan environments frequent disconnect issues are common.
Can Squid handle the problem with /tcp_outgoing_address/, for example
when users need to access to email, for avoid those disconnection
problems? (I don't have load balancing, so the http requests use both
ADSL connections) Example:

    acl email url_regex -i "/path/to/email_pages"
    tcp_outgoing_address my_gateway_ip email

Hope my question is clear.
Thanks in advance. Sorry for my english.

--
VerĂ³nica Ovando