[squid-users] Digest LDAP authentication

Olivier Desport olivier.desport at ac-versailles.fr
Fri Jan 8 14:50:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to implement digest LDAP authentication with digest_ldap_auth
on Squid 3.4.

When I try to connect with command line, It succeeds :

echo '"<login>":"<REALM>"' | /usr/lib/squid3/digest_ldap_auth -b
ou=<basedn> -u uid -A l -W /etc/digestreader_cred -e -v 3  <ldap-host>
OK ha1="......."

In squid.conf

auth_param digest program /usr/lib/squid3/digest_ldap_auth -b
'ou=<basedn>' -u uid -A l -W /etc/digestreader_cred -e -v 3 -h <ldap-host>
auth_param digest children 5
auth_param digest realm "<REALM>"
auth_param digest casesensitive off

When I test with a browser, the authentication popup with username and
password appears. But I don't know what credentials to give. I've tried
with "<login>":"<REALM>" for username and the clear password but It
doesn't work. The popup appears again and nothing is written in access.log.

Could you help me ?

Thanks.