[squid-users] confused over ipv6 failing on ipv4-only network

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Wed Jan 6 07:12:43 UTC 2016

On 06/01/16 19:29, Jason Haar wrote:
>> This just means that IPv6 was the *last* thing tried. It is entirely
>> > probable that IPv4 were tried first and also failed. Particularly if you
>> > have dns_v4_first turned on.
> No - I don't have dns_v4_first defined at all - so that should be trying
> both ipv4 and ipv6 if both DNS records were available.

Whoops - I go that wrong - I do have that defined. Sorry - I have two
squid servers I'm playing at and I was looking at the wrong one.

So I do have "dns_v4_first" defined, but in either case there seems to
be a problem with resolving "A" records for me - but I'll disable
"dns_v4_first" so that the error message is less surprising :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171