[squid-users] Delay Pools or Traffic Shaping per port?!

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Jan 3 00:14:26 UTC 2016

On Sunday 03 January 2016 at 00:46:39, Christian Kunkel wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> is there any way i can do some traffic shaping with squid?

Yes, but it's nowhere near as good as doing it with IP tools on the underlying
O/S.

> Its a bit complicated in my case. I can not shape through user ip because
> squid is not running on a local network.

So, tell us where it is running, then...

> I've been thinking to create a multiple ports with squid and limit the
> ports. How can i do that?

No idea, without knowing where you're starting from.

> Or is there a better way?

Almost certainly.

Explain, in as much detail as you can:

 - what your networking setup is
 - which version of Squid you are using
 - which Operating System (and version) you are running it under
 - what you want to achieve by "shaping"

The more information you give us, the more we might be able to help you.

Regards,

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.