[squid-users] Squid proxy removing Transfer-Encoding header

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jan 1 17:58:21 UTC 2016

On 12/31/2015 08:52 AM, aashima madaan wrote:

> So in my case, figured out when squid receives request header
> "Connection: close" , it strips of Transfer Encoding header from
> response. But if it does not receive Connection header it wil send back
> TE header.

You are either asking irrelevant questions or you are not providing
enough context to receive relevant answers. Try focusing on the
higher-level problem first, and use this mailing list to guide you from
that problem to the right set of the lower-level symptoms as needed.

> So I am left with 2 questions now.
> - Why does squid behave like that?
> - Second, so in my case HA Proxy is sending those headers to squid.
> Since Connection is also hop by hop header , why is HAProxy adding that
> header to request headers.

The short answer to both questions is "this is how HTTP or HTTP agents
work". This answer does not help you, of course. You need to either
study HTTP RFCs (a lot of work!) or ask a higher-level question to get
useful answers. What problem are you trying to fix?

Good luck,

Alex.