[squid-users] Squid MAC address ACL is not worked, and how to get the MAC address Squid see?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Jan 1 15:00:27 UTC 2016

On Friday 01 January 2016 at 15:54:50, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 01.01.16 20:50, Billy.Zheng(zw963) wrote:
> >Hi, all, I deploy a new Squid Server in my VPS server.
> >And i set a squid MAC address ACL, like following:
> >
> >it seem like:
> >
> >But it not work. allow seem like never matched.
> >
> >So, I want to get the MAC address squid can see, What should i to do?
>
> are those clients on exactly the same internal network as you?
> Because, behind router or a bridge you won't see their mac address anymore.
> Note that this is a network design issue, not a bug or a flaw.
>
> I'm afraid that VPS server already might do the bridging.

This is also my suspicion - hence the request for the network layout...

(Although, are you sure that a bridge hides MAC addresses?  I thought they
passed ethernet frames from side to side as-is...)

Antony.

--
Most people are aware that the Universe is big.

 - Paul Davies, Professor of Theoretical Physics

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.