[squid-users] Ignore "pragma:no-cache /cache-control:no-cache" header in HTTP request< config help>

Anonymous cross anonymouscross at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 03:57:09 UTC 2016

I tried using "ignore-cc" option but still squid is honoring cache-control
header. It tries to re validate the cache on every HTTP request. The
configurations are below.
Please correct me if anything is wrong.

*Squid.conf*
http_port 3128
http_port 3129 tproxy
http_port 80 accel defaultsite=abcexample.com ignore-cc
cache_peer abcexample.com parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel

acl our_sites dstdomain abcexample.com
http_access allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

*Option used*
curl -H "cache-control:no-cache" --interface "20.10.10.2"
http://abcexample.com -x localhost:3128

*access.log*

*1456717487.024    959 20.10.10.2 TCP_MISS/200 34229 GET
http://abcexample.com/ <http://abcexample.com/> - FIRSTUP_PARENT/10.10.20.1
<http://10.10.20.1> text/html1456717491.113    977 20.10.10.2
TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS/200 34272 GET http://abcexample.com/
<http://abcexample.com/> - FIRSTUP_PARENT/10.10.20.1 <http://10.10.20.1>
text/html*
- Cross

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 28/02/2016 8:18 p.m., Anonymous cross wrote:
> > Sorry for nagging.  We want to use both tproxy and accelerator mode.
> Mainly
> > tproxy for internet traffic and accelerator mode for web server. Also we
> > want to ignore cache control header in the HTTP requests destined for our
> > webserver (abcexample.com)  Does the below configuration work ? or Do we
> > need to do add IPtables rules?
>
> Ah. Okay. Yes the below should do what you are asking for. Except...
>

> > http_port 3128
> > http_port 3129 tproxy
> > http_port 80 accel defaultsite=abcexample.com ignore-cc
> >

> > cache_peer abcexample.com/data/ parent 80 0 no-query originserver
> > name=myAccel
>

>  ... dont put the "/data/" path segment there, the parameter is just the
> hostname of the server to open TCP connections to.
>

> > acl our_sites dstdomain abcexample.com
> > http_access allow our_sites
> > cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
> > cache_peer_access myAccel deny all
> >

> Amos

Regards,
Anonymous cross.