[squid-users] Is jesred still compatible with squid 4.x?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Feb 29 01:23:34 UTC 2016

Hey,

So it seems pretty simple.
Your helper is very good and simple for the task and at-least we know
that if your helper works it's something with jesred 100%.
I do not know german but it's not really a big deal to understand when
you actually know how things works in general.
I do not know what settings exactly you need but you can take a look at
squid sources:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/trunk/view/head:/src/store/id_rewriters/file/storeid_file_rewrite.pl.in

Which is a very simple perl script that works with a "config" file.
It was designed to work with StoreID and some examples are at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID/DB

But I really do not think that for a simple task such as this a special
compiled version of jesred will be much more efficient then the python
or perl scripts.
This is also since jesred doesn't implement any form of concurrency support.

I have been working on an improved compiled version(Golang) of a helper
such as the above perl one but yet to have seen a really good use case
that will benefit from that too much.

It is not 100% clear to me how the apt-cacher-ng decides which host to
fetch the requests from but if it works then it is.

All The Bests,
Eliezer