[squid-users] Ignore "pragma:no-cache /cache-control:no-cache" header in HTTP request< config help>

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Feb 27 19:39:58 UTC 2016

On 28/02/2016 6:46 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:

> request_header_accesss cache-control deny all
>
> and
>
> acl specified_clients src 192.168.100.1 192.168.100.2
> request_header_accesss cache-control deny specified_clients

All tht directive controls is what Squid *outputs* to server on its own
upstream requests. It wont help for this question.

> 27.02.16 23:42, Anonymous cross пишет:
>>
>> Hi, All,
>> I want squid to ignore "pragma:no-cache/cache-control:no-cache" header
> in HTTP client request. Is there any configuration available in squid to
> achieve this?

Why?

What type of proxy are you running forward/explicit, intercept/tproxy,
or reverse/CDN ?

What does your squid.conf contain?

>> Also i want to ignore cache control header only for specific URL's? Is
> there any way in squid to achieve this?

The client is *demanding* that you dont use stale outdated cache
content. There is usually a good reason for that demand not being a
polite request. So please answer the Qs above.