[squid-users] rev 3.5.15

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Feb 26 23:00:22 UTC 2016

On 27/02/2016 7:24 a.m., joe wrote:
> i will try to investigate
> all i did is  use same conf same configur same  store-id without touching
> any of them compile install that it and one of the best site for testing is
> xnxx.com that use   xvideos.com to pull video as cdn  all cached object no
> HIT on xvideos.com any more by reverting to 3.5.14  got hit again
> and ya its good site for testing and almost all of my client use this insted
> of watching youtube or other hehehe any way

None of the 3.5.15 changes should have impacted HIT ratio in any way.
Unless you have run into bug 4447 and your Squid is crashing before it
can store or re-use things.

> of that topic other bad think happen
> there is difference between  intercept  and accel  regarding  object hit
> accel is better more hit dunno why they should serve same hit

No they definitely should not. There are many, many subtle differences
in the HTTP requirements for proxy ('intercept') versus server
('accel'). All things impact HIT ratio in various ways.

Some things the *owner* of the domain and their CDN server is allowed to
do which would be utterly insane for a MITM proxy - like assume that
visible_hostname is a suitable replacement for missing Host header.

Some things which a MITM has to check for that are meaningless to a CDN
- such as validity of the {Host header, IP address} pair - are critical
to HIT ratios.