[squid-users] Fwd: Re: Authentification LDAP Exception for IP adresse

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Feb 26 16:57:28 UTC 2016

On 26/02/2016 10:43 p.m., Jérôme Seuniac wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I have change my configuration with your advice.
>
> It's works !
>
> :-)

Please also run the "squid -k parse" and fix any issues Squid warns you
about. I saw a few obsolete Squid-2 configuration directives in that
config earlier.

And visible_hostname is the publicly visible *domain* that will be used
in URLs sent by the proxy to your clients. It needs to resolve in DNS.
Current generations of Squid are fine locating the local machine
hostname for themselves, so you actually should not need it.