[squid-users] Writing a squid plugin

Avraham Serour tovmeod at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:52:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to write a plugin for squid, if it at all possible, I'm
inspired by the idea of a squid prefetch package I saw once (and can't find
the link again right now), the script was in perl and basically tail -f the
quid log

I did something similar in python but I'm thinking it is not very efficient
since I need to parse the log and request whatever my rule engine decides

I'm thinking it would be better to hook on the event that something was
fetched and just tell squid to put something in the cache, I don't need to
wait for the response.

does squid has some API for plugins? would I need to recompile squid by
myself?

any input on this are appreciated.

thanks
Avraham