[squid-users] SSL bump memory leak

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Feb 24 23:13:09 UTC 2016

On 25/02/2016 11:44 a.m., Dan Charlesworth wrote:
> I’m just catching up with this one, but we’ve observed some memory leaks on a small percentage of our boxes, which we migrated to Peek & Splice late last year.
>
> We’re on 3.5.13, about to move to 3.5.15.
>
> What’s the least disruptive way to keep this under control, if there is one?

I suspect using ttl=1 on the helper cache options instead of =0 or 0MB
disabling (I'm not cler on the config exactly myself for this). The
issue seemed to be worst when the add-to-cache action did not add to the
cache, just dropped stuff into the ether. Adding then almost immediately
replacing should go through the delete code AFAIK.

> Is there anything I can do to help get it patched?

Christos would be the one to ask about that. I suspect sponsorship for
the backporting time and/or testing will be the needs.