[squid-users] Squid None Aborted problem

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Feb 24 22:03:48 UTC 2016

On 24/02/2016 11:10 p.m., secoonder wrote:
> Antony thank you very much for your answer.i reinstall ubuntu and squid.and i
> removed ssl bump configuration.but the problem is not solved .
> i write answer the down.Can you help me ?

Firstly, NON_ABORTED means that the client made a request and then
disconnected before Squid was able to send it anything back. The
HEIR_NONE/- also means that no server was contacted.

I have been looking closely at what types of requests you are seeing
NONE_ABORTED on and have a suspicion.

Do you have ICMP/ICMPv6 disabled on your network?

This type of behaviour is what I would expect to see if the client were
only waiting a certain short amount of time for responses, but Squid was
timing out waiting for a TCP connection to an unreachable IP address.
 Without ICMP operating properly TCP connections can take up to 15
*minutes* to detect that a server IP is not going to reply. With ICMP
that will take only a few nanoseconds.