[squid-users] Clarification of what I should be seeing in the log files.

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:11:28 UTC 2016

This entries is a sign of normal https tunneling phase. You simple don't
know how HTTPS works. :)

24.02.16 21:32, Bruce Markey пишет:
> I can't seem to find a straight answer for this.
>
> I'm running squid 3.4.8. Compiled from source.
>
> I'ts talking via wccp to our firewall.   We're using it only for
informational purposes, IE we're not blocking anything, just trying to
get some visibility into what our pipe is being used for.

> http works as expected no issues there.
>
> What I'm trying to find out is should or shouldn't I get some sort of
log entry for https, the initial get before the tls is setup?

CONNECT example.com:443 <http://example.com:443> vineeth.v DIRECT/X.X.X.X -

> I am not trying to do any decryption.
>
> Currently I have the firewall not redirecting service 70 ( https ) to
squid because when it's on, you can't get to those sites.

> So I think at this point I'm either expecting something to happen that
can't, the log being written , or I'm doing something wrong, I'm just
not sure which it is.