[squid-users] Squid 3.5.12

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Feb 23 20:46:19 UTC 2016

On 24/02/2016 9:10 a.m., Nando Mendonca wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had Squid 3.5.12 running  with ldap authentication on port 389 great. I now need  to run squid on port 636. With my same configuation i'm unable to get squid working.
>
> What compile options do i need? I was using basic_ldap_auth do i need to use something else?
>
> I can communicate from the Squid server to the ldap server on port 636 using ldapsearch.

You you need to set the auth helper parameters to point at the LDAP
server on port 636.

<http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/manuals/basic_ldap_auth.html>

Given that 636 is the port for LDAPS (not LDAP). You are probably just
missing out the -Z option to tell Squid to use TLS / LDAPS when taking
to the server.

You only need to rebuild if the helper does not accept -Z cmdline
parameter. In which case you will need to upgrade your LDAP libraries to
a set that support TLS and LDAP v3 communication before rebuilding Squid.