[squid-users] whatsapp image download fails

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Feb 23 07:59:13 UTC 2016

On 21.02.16 21:10, turgut kalfaoğlu wrote:
>Thank you for your reply; there is nothing about SSL neither in iptables
>nor in squid settings now.
>It only intercepts port 80 requests..

https runs (usually) on port 443
also, https means that connections are encrypted between browser and remote
server - your squid could only see encrypted traffic even if you have
intercepted it.

there's a feature called SSLBump that takes care of this, note that it has
issued and most of discussion on this list for last few months is about
them.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslBump

>There is nothing visible in squid's access.log nor the firewall logs of
>the server when I click on an image to download in Whatsapp.

what do browsers say?

- Holmes, what kind of school did you study to be a detective?
- Elementary, Watson.  -- Daffy Duck & Porky Pig