[squid-users] Squid as forward proxy far slow than Shadowsocks

Billy.Zheng (zw963) zw963 at 163.com
Mon Feb 22 17:41:27 UTC 2016

Hi, all.

I use Squid 3.5.14 in my VPS for forward proxy for some month.
When i access internet from my laptop, the speed is enough.
(with stunnel connect squid https_access port directly.)

But, if access from my android device(with stunnel, or AndoridProxy.)
Speed is more slow, and even, some website, e.g. twitter.com, wikimedia,
www.youtube.com can not be opened.

I don't know why, I think it maybe my phone problem, But when I
deploy a Shadowsocks server with following script,

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/teddysun/shadowsocks_install/master/shadowsocks-libev.sh

and connect to server with shadowssocks android app, the speed is
improve a lot, I can access almost any website as i did in my laptop ,
and more faster.

I love squid, so I want to know why those big difference between those
two software.

following gist is my fully squid script (with a reverse proxy settings,
though still not be used), Please help, thanks.

https://gist.github.com/zw963/e399819973f177726714

--
Geek, Rubyist, Emacser
Homepage: http://zw963.github.io