[squid-users] whatsapp image download fails

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Feb 21 19:01:07 UTC 2016

On Sunday 21 February 2016 at 19:51:05, turgut kalfaoğlu wrote:

> Hi.. On my LAN's squid server, I redirect port 80 to local squid,
>    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.2.0/24  -p tcp --dport 80 -j
> REDIRECT --to-port 3128
>
> and the squid speeds up and anonymizes the requests from the LAN.

What do you mean by "anonymizes"?

What are you trying to achieve by using HTTP(S) intercept?

> This works well for http, unfortunately I could not get https working
> transparently so I gave up on that.

Which version of Squid are you using, and what did you try to get HTTPS
intercept working?

It's prone to problems, but it's not hard to get working for many situations,
however it's essential to be using an up-to-date version of Squid.

> Anyway, image downloads from the android application, Whatsapp fail.
> It is unable to send or receive images. It gives some generic error like
> "download failed" when an image is clicked.

What do you get in Squid's access log when this happens?

Antony.

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.