[squid-users] whatsapp image download fails

turgut kalfaoğlu turgut at kalfaoglu.com
Sun Feb 21 18:51:05 UTC 2016

Hi.. On my LAN's squid server, I redirect port 80 to local squid,
   iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.2.0/24  -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

and the squid speeds up and anonymizes the requests from the LAN.
This works well for http, unfortunately I could not get https working
transparently so I gave up on that.

Anyway, image downloads from the android application, Whatsapp fail.
It is unable to send or receive images. It gives some generic error like
"download failed"
when an image is clicked.

Is there any solution to this?
Many thanks, -turgut