[squid-users] Modelling behaviour of old version of squid with the latest using rules ?

Mike Corlett mike.corlett at digitalbridge.eu
Wed Feb 17 19:51:53 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I recently went to demo a website on a company site that used an old
version of squid ( think 2.x ), so that all the PATCH posts to our website
from a browser were turned into METHOD_OTHER, which broke the website for
us and nothing worked.
I want to be able to recreate this rule so we can build an in-house squid
server to test against things like this, and just wondered if I can map
REQUEST types to simulate this behaviour. Therefore we can tweak our
website to work with older versions of squid.

Obviously I could just download and install an old version of squid, but
this would then mean I suffer the security problems associated with old
versions !, so wondered if this one rule could be modelled. So far I've
worked out how to totally block PATCH requests, but that's not really good
enough.

Any help welcome !

Mike