[squid-users] Squid configuration help

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Feb 17 00:08:57 UTC 2016

On 17/02/2016 12:33 p.m., nando mendonca wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Currently i have Squid 3.5.12 setup with LDAP Authentication and with
> groups. If a certain user is apart of a certain group they can access sites
> that are listed in the allowed list, otherwise access is denied for all
> other sites.
>
> I have a new requirement to allow all LDAP authenticated users access to
> all sites, but then deny certain sites to certain groups.
>
> Can anyone please help me with this new requirement?

Have a read of this FAQ section
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#Common_Mistakes>. The
rest of the page may also be useful info as well.

Then try to describe your current set of requirements in the form of a
series of if-else statements. If you can do that you have pretty much
written the squid.conf settings.

NP: If you cannot phrase the requirements in the form of if-else, then
squid probably cannot perform those requirements.  But these ones you
mention seem pretty easy to do.