[squid-users] Squid Crashing

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Feb 9 20:38:59 UTC 2016

Hey Admin,

I have been working on SquidBlocker for quite some time and have just
released (about two weeks ago) the latest 1.0.0 as an RPM at:
http://ngtech.co.il/repo/centos/7/x86_64/squidblocker-1.0.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

I have not tried yet but using alien will result some kind of "OK" deb
file. If you need some kind of tar or binaries for other
platforms(everything that Golang compiler supports) I will gladly
compile them for you.

I have upgraded SquidBlocker with a UI and embedded the ICAP service.
You can see some of the details at:
http://new.ngtech.co.il/squidblocker_en.html

The above page\site is a beta and is far from completion but has the
basics in it. I didn't described the UI interface since it's very
simplistic and was built with one thing in mind "functionality". Anyone
that can read this mailing list should be able to figure out his way in
it using a browser.

I am using it here and it works great for me but may not fit for others.
Since your issue is squid long startup time I would recommend you to try
it. One of the nice things in version 1.0.0 is that I added to the DB
url testing interface(can be accessed using the UI or even curl) result
the "HITTING" db key which makes it easy to debug black or white listing
false positives of domains and urls list.

Let me know if you need anything privately or publicly.

Eliezer