[squid-users] [RFC] What tests would somehow clear 4.1 logically\scientifically\other as *very* stable for production?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Feb 9 18:59:03 UTC 2016

On 02/09/2016 08:21 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> List of practical tests:
> - Forward proxy for HTTP(static objects with size + without size
> declaration, dynamic content from various normal use cases such as
> social networks, academic sources, search engines)
> - Forward proxy for "fake HTTP" requests( I am looking for such
> applications)
> - Forward proxy for basic CONNECT requests with HTTPS, IRC, SKYPE, MAIL
> and couple other basic DESKTOP applications.
> - proxy basic cache manager http(only) basic functionality(no reconf or
> shutdown etc)
> - Forward proxy with ssl_bump and basic splice all settings
> - Forward proxy with ssl_bump and basic peek and splice all settings
> - Forward proxy with ssl_bump and basic peek and splice most settings
> - Forward proxy with ssl_bump and basic peek and splice with specially
> crafted SSL requests
> - Forward proxy with ssl_bump and basic peek and splice with specific
> applications such SKYPE, DROPBOX

The tests you list above would be much better than nothing so thank you
for doing whatever you can.

To answer your question in the Subject line, no amount of lab testing
would clear v4.x as "very stable for production" -- the goal of such
testing ought to be rather different.

FWIW, I am still trying to find the time to finalize the way-overdue
Proper Squid QA plan for the Foundation Board. I am getting closer
though (and we now got more/better tools to back that plan up).

Thank you,