[squid-users] squid cache

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Feb 9 17:57:38 UTC 2016

On 10/02/2016 6:16 a.m., turgut kalfaoğlu wrote:
> Hi again.. I have a squid setup with two servers; one acting as "parent"
> and only getting requests from the child,
> and the other one actually serves people as a transparent accelerator
> for the slow internet.

What do you mean exactly? "transparent accelerator" is not an HTTP
related term, and the two traffic modes that are commonly called
"transparent" and "accel" are mutually exclusive things.

> It works well normally, two things I could not get to work well:
> 1) SSL. I had many problems and gave up eventually. I haven't tried it
> lately, now it's at 3.5.9, should I try it again, and is there a working
> formula that works well?

The only setup that works well is not to intercept. All others vary in
amounts of trouble and success.

> 2) www.rolex.com. For some reason, this site gives an access denied!  No
> big deal, but just interesting.

If you want a useful answer your squid.conf will be needed. Please omit
comment (#...) lines when posting.