[squid-users] squid-ssl_session_cache.shm?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Feb 5 14:50:50 UTC 2016

On 5/02/2016 4:59 p.m., xxiao8 wrote:
> I have "cache deny all" and "cache mem 0MB",

Which controls in-memory HTTP object cache.

> what is /dev/shm/squid-ssl_session_cache.shm then? is it something else?

Read the name. It is the Squid SSL session cache.

> how to limit its size?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/sslproxy_session_cache_size/

If you set it to 0, then the SSL session cache will be disabled and
Squid will no longer be able to perform TLS/SSL session resume with
HTTPS servers.

> I'm trying to test the case with no-cache and thought 'cache deny all'
> covered it already, then just happened to see this ssl-session-cache
> file resides in memory(2MB in size).

"cache" is a concept. There are many different types of cache used by
Squid, or by the operating system components that Squid makes use of.

PS. "no-cache" in HTTP is a defined protocol term that does not mean
what you think it means.