[squid-users] Encrypt/Obfuscate squid.conf file

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Feb 3 14:43:52 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 03 February 2016 at 14:54:42, Alleshouse, Dale (NonEmp) wrote:

> Developers share a root login on these machines.

So, they're all equally trusted with all your data, then.

> We need to authenticate through the corporate proxy to hit the internet.

> We are using squid to do this encryption.

Encryption?

> However, developers have to enter their personal credentials into the squid
> file for this to work.

Er, what?

Why do the credentials go into squid.conf?

> Any developer can see others network credentials by opening this file.

So, use PAM / LDAP / (basically something else) to do the authentication, and
then just tell Squid to allow "authenticated users".

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.