[squid-users] convert http requests to https on proxy setup.

user abc_bbc_in at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 00:17:16 UTC 2016

My understanding of the url rewrite program is that the proxy will redirect the URL and the client will make a new request (with the redirected URL). What I am looking is the client will make http request and the squid proxy should send https request to the destination and then in turn sends the unencrypted response back to the client.

On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 4:10 PM, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it> wrote:
On Wednesday 03 February 2016 at 01:04:37, user wrote:

> When client sends a http request (say. http://www.abc123.com, I would like
> my squid proxy to make this request into https (https://www.abc123.com)

> Any help/pointers is appreciated.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_program/

Antony.

--
I have an excellent memory.
I can't think of a single thing I've forgotten.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.