[squid-users] convert http requests to https on proxy setup.

user abc_bbc_in at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 00:04:37 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I am looking at achieving the following with squid proxy setup. When client sends a http request (say. http://www.abc123.com, I would like my squid proxy to make this request into https (https://www.abc123.com) and sends the request on behalf of the client and in turn will respond back to client in http.

Client to proxy communication will be in http. squid proxy should do all the SSL negotiation and fetch the content and send content back to client in http.

[client]---- http -----[squid proxy] --------https-----[server]

I would like to do this only for a certain set of URLS (dynamic list). Can this be achieved?

Any help/pointers is appreciated.

Thanks
Shane.