[squid-users] ext_ldap_group_acl not working

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Feb 2 06:07:51 UTC 2016

On 2/02/2016 3:22 a.m., alesironi wrote:
> L.P.H. van Belle wrote
>> Just a question..
>>
>> You are using debian,  i did say..
>>
>> chmod root:proxy ( proxy is the default squid user in debian )
>>
>> i see..
>> chown root:squid /etc/squid3/ldappass.txt
>>
>> try again with
>> chown root:proxy /etc/squid3/ldappass.txt
>>
>> Greetz,
>>
>> Louis
>
> It was probably my typo, anyway I reconfigured as you said again.
> Same result. If I use SUDO (or if I configure to use the password in clear)
> it proceeds, but with the same error: invalid request: No Username
>
> Looks like an error in the syntax I used....

Maybe. But at the very least it is clear you do not understand what
"sudo" is or how to use it for non-root user accounts.

Running any command "sudo X" will run the command X as *root* user.

That is bad, both because its running a sensitive networking process
with root privileges. And because its running a test very different to
what we are telling you needs to be run.

Running this:
  sudo -u squid X

or this:
  su squid && X

will run the command X as user 'squid' instead of user 'root'. That is
the test we are writing about to figure out what the problem(s) are.