[squid-users] Squid Websocket Issue

Hardik Dangar hardikdangar+squid at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:50:08 UTC 2016

Hey Alex,

actually its reverse. If i remove !serverIsws somehow websockets will not
work. conversion does not happen and i get 400 bad request. whereas if i
put !serverIsws then request is converted and status code is 101

acl serverIsws ssl::server_name_regex ^w[0-9]+\.web\.whatsapp\.com$
acl step1 at_step SslBump1
ssl_bump peek step1
ssl_bump splice serverIsws
ssl_bump bump !serverIsws all

So above works but if i remove serverIsws then it will not work at all i.e.

acl step1 at_step SslBump1
ssl_bump peek step1
ssl_bump splice serverIsws
ssl_bump bump all

above does not work

This is actually surprising for me too :) I did lot of tests with other
websocket apps used by my network and when i remove rules from bump it will
not work. May be amos could tell us something that we don't understand
about acls.