[squid-users] Bypassed Proxy

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Dec 22 22:14:03 UTC 2016

On Thursday 22 December 2016 at 22:50:33, Sameh Onaissi wrote:

> The user has hotspot shield installed on his PC, which I believe is a
> similar extension to the one you mentioned.

> He is getting by squid with some sort of VPN, I thought squid can be
> configured against such things?

It sounds as though you need to review your firewall (routing) policies.

Anyone who is allowed to use a VPN can effectively bypass all security policies
on your network.

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.