[squid-users] sslpassword_program

creditu at eml.cc creditu at eml.cc
Sun Dec 18 19:13:35 UTC 2016

I'm having trouble getting the sslpassword_program working for an
encrypted key.  Config looks like this:

sslpassword_program /usr/local/bin/pass.sh
https_port 10.10.10.1:443 accel vhost cert=/etc/squid/www.crt
key=/etc/squid/private.key

On start, cache log states "Ignoring https_port 10.10.10.1:443 due to
SSL initialization failure."
On stop, console states "Failed to acquire SSL private key
'/etc/squid/private.key': error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission
denied"

Removing the passphrase from the private key, squid starts normally.
Permissions on the encrypted and non-encrypted keys are the same.  I
also tried putting the pass.sh program in /bin.  The pass.sh program
looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
echo "testing"

The hash of the private key modulus and the certificate modulus match as
well.

Am I missing something? This is on squid 3.1.