[squid-users] Setup wccp2 with squid3 and cisco switch 4507

André Bolinhas andre.bolinhas at articatech.com
Wed Dec 14 15:46:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

I need to setup wccp2 between my Squid3 box and my cisco switch 4507

Since my 4507 don't support GRE on forward methoding I need to configure the
the wccp with L2.

My squid.conf

http_port 3129 intercept

wccp2_router $IP-OF-ROUTER

wccp2_forwarding_method l2

wccp2_return_method l2

My question is, in GRE method I need to create a GRE tunnel like this

modprobe ip_gre

ip tunnel add wccp0 mode gre remote $ASA-EXT-IP local $SQUID-IP dev eth0

ifconfig wccp0 $SQUID-IP netmask 255.255.255.255 up

echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/wccp0/rp_filter

echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/rp_filter

echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wccp0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3129

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

In L2 method the configuration is the same (tunnel, sysctl, iptables..) ? if
not can you help me to configure it (tunnel, sysctl, iptables..).

Also in switch what's ACL I need to create?

Best regard