[squid-users] TCP_MISS/419

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Dec 6 02:25:11 UTC 2016

On 6/12/2016 7:28 a.m., Ricardo Pardim Claus wrote:
> Dear, I ask for help to resolve a connection failure with a particular
> site. See the logs below. Even the log showing DENIED, I do not get
> denied access message. One of the codes below that I did not find in
> the Squid FAQ is TCP_MISS / 419. Can anyone tell me what this error
> means?

It is officially an undefined status code. Which means the server
sending it is doing some custom or experimental thing.

A quick search of the Interwebs shows several meanings, the most common
being that it is (ab)used by non-HTTP auth mechanisms.

> What happens: When we log in to the site, when accessing features, it
> simply goes back to the login screen. I did a test passing outside the
> proxy, the problem does not happen. I tested on 2 different proxy
> (Pfsense and Endian).

You used different URLs to test those proxies. So the results are bogus.

Testing properly reveals identical (and correct) handling and log
entries. And that the origin server is generating the 419. It has
nothing to do with the proxy.