[squid-users] Config Recommendations

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Dec 5 03:19:34 UTC 2016

On 5/12/2016 1:44 p.m., creditu at eml.cc wrote:
> For a 3.1 accelerator we have put the followinconfig together.  This
> accelerator will not be doing any caching since we use an external
> service.  Initially both http and https will be provided.   Some
> questions:   I think the ordering of statements and acls is correct, but
> was hoping to get some feedback if possible.  Also, since we  want to
> turn caching off completely  I was wondering if some of the statements
> are unnecessary.  Any feedback or recommendations on the overall config
> would be appreciated.

You can remove any options which are setting things to their default values.

Add "cache_mem 0" to prevent the memory cache being allocated.
And remove the *_replacement_policy lines, they are pointless without
caching.

The "cachemgr_passwd none info" line is useless, since the next thing
done is disabled.
That also means the "http_access allow manager localhost" line is not
useful either unless you re-open the info report.

Amo