[squid-users] Squid Configuration - IP Gateway Issue

Mohammed M AlJakri Mohammed.AlJakri at iq.ey.com
Sun Dec 4 08:40:31 UTC 2016

Dears,

My name is Mohammed M AlJakri, from IT Advisory Department in Ernst and Young Company at Iraq.
I am newbie to Squid and I need your assistant to implement the Basic settings. The Squid server and the my laptop is connected to the home router. (Squid Config file is attached) The DHCP is the local router, the details are below:
172.16.10.1/16 (router and Gateway)
172.16.10.100-199 Range
172.16.10.3 (Squid server IP) is squid server should be the gateway?
after setting the proxy server in the browser-Proxy settings- (IP:172.16.10.3 , port 8888) I cant access internet but I still can ping 8.8.8.8 . also in tracert command, the first hop is the gateway/router (172.16.10.1)
sorry for delay, and hope you can assist me on this problem. However, I know that this problem is not simple for you but I am trying to make this works then I will go deeper in squid implementations.

Best Regards,

-
[cid:image001.gif at 01D24E22.7701B1A0]

Mohammed AlJakri | Advisory Services

EY
Al-Mansour, Al-Amirat St., Baghdad/Erbil, Iraq
Mobile: +964 7704772882 | mohammed.aljakri at iq.ey.com<mailto:mohammed.aljakri at iq.ey.com>
EY/Comm: 964 600
Website: http://www.ey.com
Read our points of view while on the go via the EY Insights mobile app<http://www.ey.com/GL/en/Home/EYInsightsapp>.

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. EY is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.