[squid-users] HTTPS chrome - SHA1 this page is insecure

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Aug 31 15:15:51 UTC 2016

On 1/09/2016 2:26 a.m., erdosain9 wrote:
> Hi.
> Im using ssl-bump.. all ir working fine, but i want to know if it is
> possible that which is not seen crossed out and red "https".
> This happen just in Chrome
> This page is insecure (broken HTTPS)
> SHA-1 Certificate
> The certificate for this site expires in 2017 or later, and the certificate
> chain contains a certificate signed using SHA-1.

This requires changes to the certificate generator used by SSL-Bump.
IIRC there were some patches, but I can't find them right now in the
changesets. If the issue exists in current releases then please ask on
squid-dev.

Of course, its possible the site realy does have a SHA1 certificate and
Squid is just passing on the real details. The mimic feature is designed
to ensure TLS is actually transparent as best we can manage.