[squid-users] TCP_TUNNEL_ABORTED/200?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Aug 31 14:25:51 UTC 2016

On 31/08/2016 8:20 p.m., Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> One of our users is trying to connect to somw windows remoteapps via
> out squid proxy.
>
> Logging in does seem to work, but somewhere along the line, the user
> is getting error messages. In our logs we're seeing the encrypted
> traffic (TCP_TUNNEL/200 CONNECT remoteapps.eortc.be:443), but then
> we're getting "TCP_TUNNEL_ABORTED/200" messages
>
> I can't find anything on what exactly would cause a
> "TCP_TUNNEL_ABORTED/200"

A client that disconnects before the server has finished sending data,
or before Squid has relayed the data it sent to the server.

The TUNNEL and 200 parts means Squid connected to the requested server.
The ABORTED that the client disconnected while tunnel data was still in
transit.

What that 'in transit' stuff might be depends on the application and how
it works.