[squid-users] Squid 3.5.20 rock store and enable-disk-io

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Wed Aug 31 08:46:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I saw this in rock store documentation

        If possible, Squid using Rock Store creates a dedicated kid
        process called "disker" to avoid blocking Squid worker(s) on disk
        I/O. One disker kid is created for each rock cache_dir.  Diskers
        are created only when Squid, running in daemon mode, has support
        for the IpcIo disk I/O module.

So I tried

--enable-disk-io=AIO,Blocking,DiskThreads,IpcIo,Mmapped

But there is a segfault at start, FI same result with diskd ...

OK so I'm trying now --enable-disk-io=yes and there no more disker process, I'm doing something wrong ?
Perhaps this process is only created in smp mode ?

Fred