[squid-users] Some delay pools questions

erdosain9 erdosain9 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:24:34 UTC 2016

Hi.
I have thought to have several delay pools but I doubt whether this is the
right way.
Eg.
I want to give to the "administration" 512kb in total, to be distributed
among 8 users.
Give the "video editing area" a total of 1000KB to divide among 8 users.
I want to limit the bandwidth dedicated to youtube for "administration" to
125kb and 512kb for "video editing area".
And this bandwidth dedicated to youtube, are taken from the respective
totals.
It's possible??

Another doubt. If I want to provide, for example. 512kb to three different
areas.

How would the syntax? Not to be shared, but each area has 512kb available.

It would be like this??

delay_pools 1
delay_class February 1
delay_parameters 1 512000/512000 64000/256000
delay_access 1 area1
delay_access 1 area2
delay_access 1 area3

In this way each area would 512kb ?? or they would be sharing ??

Thank you very much!