[squid-users] Https_port with "official" certificate

Samuraiii samurai.no.dojo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:44:35 UTC 2016

>       > No SSL-bumping or whatever just forwarding.
> Firstly, the concept is not safe. Users will have a secure connection
> to the proxy - as well as the next? HTTP? User misled green padlock,
> believes all secure connection - as external traffic is not encrypted
> after the fact. Second. You seriously think that the world will sit
> under HTTPS? What, for example, you want to protect on news sites?

Since I would like to set up proxy for few people I am comfortable in
telling them what to want from it and what not.
Second what about of security on proxy login info?
Last I asked this because I stumbled on this on official squid wiki.
It wouldn't cross my mind that it existed.
It should be corrected, if it is impossible to set it up.
I really do not like your quick judgement.