[squid-users] Https_port with "official" certificate

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Aug 24 11:18:29 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 24 August 2016 at 13:09:52, Samuraiii wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to setup squid as SSL protected proxy for few users without
> any intention to use ssl-bumping or any other MITM technique.
> I just want to have SSL secured connection between browser and proxy.
> Proxy will not be "transparent" and will be using PAC file for
> configuration and PAM for authentication.
> I want to avoid any "other software" alternative as stunnel etc...
> I also have (for server involved) valid "Lets encrypt" certificate which
> I would like to use for this.
> What can I do to achieve this on squid 3.5?

Unfortunately it's not Squid that's the challenge - it's the browser.

If you're using Firefox and/or Chrome, you should be okay.

See "Encrypted browser-Squid connection" at the bottom of
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.