[squid-users] clarifying Features/SslPeekAndSplice on wiki + fake CONNECT

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Aug 23 14:26:27 UTC 2016

On 08/23/2016 07:59 AM, Marcus Kool wrote:
> On 08/23/2016 12:44 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> On 08/22/2016 08:14 PM, Marcus Kool wrote:
>>> When I think I am done, I will let you know for a review.

>> It is best to commit all your intended changes at once (if at all)
>> rather than to use the public page as a scratch pad -- folks read what
>> you commit.

> I am aware of this and always leave a page in a consistent state.

FWIW, I would aim much higher than consistency. I am waiting for your
signal to start reviewing the already published changes.

BTW, please note that you blanket change of letters SSL to letters TLS
makes wiki diffs nearly useless for review. It is probably too late to
undo that, but please avoid/delay similar non-changes in the future if
you want to facilitate reviews.

> I managed to get 2 CONNECTs to the URL rewriter

Glad I was not imagining things :-).

> But the 2 CONNECTs have both an IP address.
> The %ssl::>sni macro does not expand in url_rewrite_extras but
> expands fine in the logformat of Squid 3.5.20.
> Can we call that a bug?

I would. Trunk r14293 (and v3.5 r13913) fixed a similar bug a year ago,
but this may be a separate problem or a regression.