[squid-users] HTTPS - THE PROXY SERVER IS REFUSING CONNECTIONS

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Aug 20 09:50:49 UTC 2016

On 20/08/2016 4:07 a.m., adego70 at gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you VERY MUCH L.P.H. van Belle !
>

> I tried with or without changes but I don't have good result :
>
> I still have " THE PROXY SERVER IS REFUSING CONNECTIONS" for https
> websites...
>
> I can't understand why it doesn't work.
>
> Is it working on your side ?

Your original config should have worked.

Have you configured the clients (manually or via WPAD/PAC auto-config)
to connect to your Squid as an *HTTP* proxy and send their HTTPS
requests via that ?

> Another information, maybe it's important : my squid is installed on a
> dedicated computer. Then the IP of SQUID is different than the IP of my
> firefox.

As long as the localnet ACL lists the IP ranges your Firefox can be part
of that is fine.

Exactly what HTTP request message is the proxy refusing when you attempt
an HTTPS connection?
 --> access.log should give you that info.