[squid-users] Rock store status

Steve Hill steve at opendium.com
Fri Aug 19 10:48:39 UTC 2016

On 19/08/16 08:45, FredB wrote:

> Please can you describe your load and configurations ?

We supply Squid based online safety systems to schools across the UK,
utilising Rock store for caching and peek/splice, external ACLs and ICAP
for access control/filtering/auditing.  Typically I think our biggest
schools probably top out at around 400,000 requests/hour, but I don't
have any hard data to hand to back that up at the moment.

The only serious Squid issue we've been tracking recently is the memory
leak associated with spliced connections, which we've now fixed (and
submitted patches).  That said, with the schools currently on holiday
those fixes haven't yet been well tested on real-world servers - we'll
find out if there are any issues with them when term starts again :)

--
  - Steve Hill
    Technical Director

    Enquiries                 Support
    sales at opendium.com        support at opendium.com
    +44-1792-824568           +44-1792-825748