[squid-users] Yet another store_id question HIT MISS

Omid Kosari omidkosari at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 14:26:44 UTC 2016

Eliezer Croitoru-2 wrote
> StoreID is not the only thing which can affect a HIT or a MISS.
> A nice tool which was written to understand the subject is RedBot at:
> https://redbot.org/
>
> From a simple inspection of the file it seems that it should get  hit but,
> why are you using StoreID for this object?

Already tested with redbot and then asked here .
This url belongs to instagram and it uses a lot of such urls for same file .

Eliezer Croitoru-2 wrote
> Also why are you using:
> refresh_pattern -i ^http:\/\/[a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\.]+\.squid\.internal\/.* 10080
> 95% 86400   override-lastmod override-expire reload-into-ims ignore-reload
> ignore-must-revalidate ignore-no-store ignore-private
>
> ??
> You would only need this for the specific case which the hostname is
> "dynamic".

Thanks removed it .

Eliezer Croitoru-2 wrote
> This url seems by default cache friendly and only if you have enough
> details on their cdn network you should try to use StoreID.
> Something that may help you is the next log format settings:
> logformat cache_headers %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %
> <st %rm %ru %[un %Sh/%<a %mt Q-CC: "%{Cache-Control}>
> h" "%{Cache-Control}>ha" Q-P: "%{Pragma}>h" "%{Pragma}>ha" REP-CC:
> "%{Cache-Control}<h" REP-EXP: "%{Expires}<h" VARY:
> "%{Vary}<h" %>eui
> access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log cache_headers
>
> Try to see how the requests for these looks like in the logs.

Yes we have enough details. Now i am investigating on hit miss problem with
logformat you provided .I will inform you the result .

Thanks