[squid-users] Squid cpu usage 100% from few days ago !!

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Aug 17 13:37:34 UTC 2016

Thanks Antony!
It kind of disappeared from my mind\eyes despite to the fact that it's there.

Omid,
You are right about the expectation from a software to be polished.
I am with you on this but naturally port 80 should be used for http in a world which everybody obeys the holy RFC's.
There are couple options on how to resolve the issue but non of them are easy to put in production.

Amos can say what is to be expected from squid-4.
However I have it on my todo list to test the on_unsupported_protocol [http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/cfgman/on_unsupported_protocol.html] with hope it will give you and many others the right solution to weird scenarios.
Currently I do not have enough options\sites to test the issue also I am not sure about the expected result in a case of websockets.
I have compiled squid-4 but it will take me a bit more time to test over and over again.
If you have any suggestion on how to actually test this issue I would be happy to test the subject.
Currently my test lab is composed of:
- CentOS\Fedora\Ubuntu Intercept router
- Windows 7\8\10 Client
- Debian\Ubuntu\Fedora\CentOS\OpenSuse client
- Customized tcp service on port 80 which can serve both http and couple other protocols

Let me know about how I can verify the issue.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator