[squid-users] Rock store status

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Wed Aug 17 10:50:10 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I tried rock store and smp long time ago (squid 3.2 I guess), Unfortunately I definitely drop smp because there are some limitations (In my case), and I fall-back to diskd because there were many bugs with rock store. FI I also switched to aufs without big differences.

But now with the latest 3.5.20 ? Sadly SMP still not for me but rock store ?

There is someone who are using rock store with a high load, more than 800 r/s, without any problem ? There is a real difference in this situation, cpu, speed, memory ?

My configuration is

Debian 8
Squid 3.5.20
16 cores Xeon E5-2637 3.50Ghz
64 Go ram
2 drives sata - 15k - dedicated to caches (+ one for OS) 150 Go each
Delay pool -> BP limitation by ldap account
Authentication digest + basic

Any advice welcome.

Fred